A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Quick Trip South

Dan has some meetings to take care of at Duke University so I am tagging along. We are staying at the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club which is basically located across the street from Duke. What a beautiful place! We have never been down here before but it is charming. I know I am
disappointing Spence, who hates Duke for all those pesky collegiate wins, but such is the truth.


The Inn is also lovely with a very nice course. While Dan was playing golf I took the opportunity to sit in a wonderful adirondack chair and enjoy Mansfield Park by Jane Austin.


The view from my very chair! If you look closely you can see the humidity.

4 comments:

  1. I can see it!

    I'd say I'm jealous, but I'm sure you already know it.

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGHK!! Get this stupid word verification off of here!

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad you weren't in D.C., especially the Holocaust Museum on this day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time well spent. Lovely Inn and setting for reading, relaxing, and making friends envious! Still love those Obama paper dolls!

    ReplyDelete