A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Monday, June 1, 2009

I Wasn't Kidding


When I told everyone back in La Quinta that D.C. has gone "ObamaMad" I wasn't making it up. This is the front door of our next door neighbor. I can promise that I have never seen ANY pictures of ANY other presidents on ANY doors. Ever.

However, our first day in DC is nearly complete. Late afternoon arrival, walk around the neighborhood, dinner at Dan's favorite salad place, "Chop't" and a walk around the Mall.

Softball season is back! Here, the interns from Senator So-and-so's office versus the interns from the Agency For Creative Budgeting. It is very serious business, almost as serious as the kickball games going on closer to the Capital.


By the way, this is the corner of the street where we live!

3 comments:

  1. Regarding the Obama poster - I think I'm gonna puke.

    Keep up the blogging! I love seeing where you are and what you're up to.

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Aby really feel about Obama? She is so vague. Ha - Ha. Glad you made it safely. Your summer is already making me jealous. I promise I won't put any pictures up on my door, I'm not that crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I wonder if Mike would go for a door poster? ;) Add me to the jealous list-- it all looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete