A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Friday, June 12, 2009

I found it! I found the house I want above all others I have ever seen. It is absolutely perfect, wonderful wrap around porch, great windows made for window seats, beautiful trees. The only problem? The house is located in Oxford, NC. I know that for the citizens of Oxford, NC that is not a problem. But for Dan and Jan Callister it poses an insurmountable obstacle. But I can still pretend, right? Oh, I could have rocking chairs on the porch!

For some reason there are several blocks in the town, which by the way is quite small and not particularly near any large town, which have the most wonderful old Victorian homes. There are magnolia trees in the front yards! I LOVE magnolia trees in front yards.


Was I meant to be a southerner?

3 comments:

  1. I L-O-V-E it. White house with black shutters, ahhhhhhhhhh. I keep telling Jeff that a great present for me would be a rocker for our tiny front porch. He keeps saying it won't fit. I beg to differ.

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that is lovely! I can see you there--and added bonus, that NC accent is super charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to live in Boston during the late 1800's. After enjoying the charm and beauty of this southern home, I think I need to re-evaluate my own dreamy ideas of living back east--to a little further south!

    ReplyDelete