A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Golf Course Called Stonewall

In my opinion all golf courses should have a Civil War cannon in front of the pro shop.


For Father's Day, Dan wanted nothing so much as a round of golf - anywhere he could get a tee time. He was lucky and found a public course in Gainesville VA called Stonewall Golf Club at Manassas. Yep, the same place you think of when you think of Stonewall Jackson (if, of course, you ever think about Stonewall Jackson). Wow, this was a beautiful course, not in the La Quita style but in an east coast golf course style.



And yes, being the loving wife, I drove the cart for all 18 holes. Of course, I did have my Kindle with me. I'm not completely crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I just love how you find the beauty in all the golf courses you go to even though you don't golf. I love being around positive people like you! I try and show you a Maui Sunset but your summer is still trumping mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan! I found your blog through Aby's and how happy I am!! We have one too - just follow the link by my name. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete