A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me?

Well, it had to happen. I mean, the calendar, as well as the clock is relentless. It was my birthday today. I am old. I really do not like it. However, I was feted and that is always a good thing. A brief description:


1. Last things first: Final picture of the day, walking home up Pennsylvania Avenue, in front of the National Archives. I am nearly old enough to warrant a permanent display there.


2. Dinner at Central: New, excellent restaurant in DC. Dan, Josh and I could not have been happier with our dessert choice. This, my friends, is the way God intended banana splits to be served. May I say it was fabulous?!


3. I did have a party in Kansas City with the original party kids. It was my first ever Teddy Bear Birthday and we did have fun, from the treasure hunt which resulted in prizes for all (at least those under the age of 6) to teddy bear cupcakes made ala my favorite flavor, German chocolate:


Yep, if a person didn't have to get older, birthdays would be pretty sweet.

Oh, this is another view from the corner of the block where I live:

That's the back door of the national Gallery of Art.

3 comments:

  1. That banana split does look fabulous, as do you, my dear! Happiest birthday!

    P.S. LOVE the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I WANT that banana split - right now!

    I'm glad you had a great b-day, but we miss you out here in the middle of the country.

    Are you trying to kill me with all these glorious pics of DC?

    luvs, aby

    PS - August? Yes! Please come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I say birthday girl, you look like the mother of the children not the grandmother. You must frame this picture you look fabulous! Birthdays look good on you. HAPPY B-DAY!

    ReplyDelete