A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Escape From Alcatraz? No, Just From Florida

OK, maybe that's overstating it just a little bit but I REALLY do not like Florida. I never have. We spent two days in West Palm Beach visiting a close friend and I must admit that every time I am in southern Florida it is reconfirmed to me just how much I dislike it. In fact, I played a little game with myself while flying out of Ft. Lauderdale: "What Horrible Place Would I Rather Live In BEFORE Willingly Moving To Florida?" My answers:

1. St. George, Utah (sorry Lori)

2. Phoenix, Arizona

3. Flint, Michigan (I probably would put Detroit lower than Florida but since I've never been there I don't really know)

4. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

5. Buffalo, New York (Upstate New York is gorgeous, it's just colder than the dark side of the moon)

Anyway, we made it out alive and are now enjoying Washington, D.C. in my favorite time of year, autumn.

This is looking over the Potomac River from a foot bridge that crosses to Roosevelt Island. That's Georgetown in the distance, the spires of the University on the left and the towers of the National Cathedral on the right.

All I can say is that it is just a little cool and it smells the way autumn should!

2 comments:

  1. I'm headed to that beautiful Autumn city tomorrow! Oh and I agree that Phoenix is a horrible place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hurt with the St. George, UT. You have to admit St. George is great for hiking which I love (Zion National Park). I think we need to take a girl trip there to show you some of my favorite things.

    Here's my list of places I would hate to live: 1. Provo, UT 2. Los Angeles, CA 3. East Orange, NJ 4. Barstow, CA 5. Ely, NV

    ReplyDelete