A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Quick Trip To NYC

We took a very quick trip to New York to meet Tracy and Sherrie Ann. (Trace is Dan's brother, the cardiologist from Nashville.)

I know it doesn't look it but we were having a wonderful time having a breakfast picnic on the walking/bike path that runs along the Hudson River from Battery Park up to the Irish Memorial at the financial district. This is what we were looking at:

Speaking of the Irish Memorial, it's one of our favorite places in Manhattan. It sits right on the River, between skyscrapers, at the western end of the financial district. All the stones, plants, rocks come from Ireland, including the stone cottage which was brought over and rebuilt there. It really is an amazing place.
Unfortunately I didn't get a great shot of the park, but this is the view looking east. Oh, I did get a good picture of Sherrie:
If she ever sees this, she will kill me. But hopefully she'll laugh first. Sherrie is a true Steele Magnolia and I love her to death!

The only bad part of the trip was that we were all the way to Boston when Dan realized that he had left his blazer, slacks and his best dress shirt (in my opinion) in the hotel closet. Six phone calls later the hotel staff insists they were never turned in. Curse Sheraton!

1 comment:

  1. A few things:

    1. Does Sherri NEVER age? I find this unfair.

    2. I find myself very happy that Tracy still has long hair. I haven't seen a picture of him in a while and if it were cut - I think that might mean the world was coming to an end. Phew.

    3. I left a nearly full bottle of good perfume (in it's box) in a hotel once, they too said it was never turned in. Shocker.

    4. You have a GOOD camera Mom. This calls for some better pictures. I mean the kind where people are actually looking at the camera, and smiling. I have three little kids and I still manage to get them to smile in nearly every picture!

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete