A modest effort in keeping our family and friends informed of our whereabouts, our doings and our brilliance. (Ok, maybe not that.)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Macleod AKA Mac


It has taken over two weeks to be able to write this post. Our dog, Mac, who has been with us for 16 years was struck by a rattlesnake in out backyard in La Quinta. Even though Spencer got him to the doctor right away and everything possible was done, Mac didn't make it. In the middle of the night, laying next to Spence, Mac stopped breathing and a very real part of our family was gone.

It's amazing how pets become so much more than animals. Mac was one of "the boys." He certainly considered himself one of the humans in the house and, at least to his way of thinking, he was in charge.

That's it. Maybe some day I'll write down more memories of the Best Dog Ever, but no-can-do now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so sad! We lost our beloved pup last summer and I have never cried so hard in my life. Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry to hear about your Mac. Also, sorry about my latest blog entry. It may make you even sadder. I blogged then checked your blog and felt horrible. We know how important animals are to families and very sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jan. I am so sorry about your Mac. I felt so bad to read your blog this morning. Both Rheim and I are sorry that you lost him because we know that he is big part of your lives. Wow. A rattlesnake in the backyard - you are next to that mountain. I've only run into one rattlesnake - it was on the trail on the Bump and Grind. I will be more careful. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jan, I'm so sorry. I'm with Rachel--some of my biggest cries have been over furry family members. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete